Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Sunday, March 27, 2011

Where Do You Find Your Inspiration?

One of the places that I find great inspiration is in quotations from other writer's.  Sometimes through their own words, you can find yours and your mind gets into action.  Here are a few quotations that got me inspired today:

"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." - E.L. Doctrow

"Read a lot, finding out what kind of writing turns you on in order to develop a criterion for your own writing.  And then trust it - and yourself." - Rosemary Daniell

"I think of an author as somebody who goes into the marketplace and puts down his rug and says, "I will tell you a story," and then he passes the hat." - Robertson Davies

"Close the door.  Write with no one looking over your shoulder.  Don't try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say.  It's the one and only thing you have to offer." - Barbara Kingsolver

I feel inspired and ready to go!  How about you?

No comments: