Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Friday, May 20, 2011

2011 NE-SCBWI Conference - Celebrating Milestones

This past weekend, I travelled to and attended the 25th Annual NE-SCBWI Conference in Fitchburg, at the Courtyard Marriott. Celebrating Milestones was the title of this year’s conference. The Conference was attended by both published and waiting to be published authors. I walked among greatness!

The guest speakers were:

Jane Yolen
Lin Oliver
Steve Mooser
Tomie DePaula
Harold Underdown

A couple of the workshops I attended were:


12 ¾ Ways To Tickle Young Reader’s Funny Bones
     Part I and II
     Conducted by Donna Gephart
Strengthening Your Sentences
     Conducted by Linda Urban

Here we worked on tips and techniques for creating stories with humor in ranges from picture books through young adult novels. Ideas and suggestions were shared on how to inspire your writing and apply it to your own creativity.


Words I took away with me:


Writing
Brainstorming
Word building
Exploring
Motivation
Inspiration
Challenges
Celebration


I am now back at work writing. I can’t wait for Celebration!

No comments: