Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Batteries Not Included"

     Sometimes while writing I feel that while working on a story it is like the toy that says, "Batteries Not Included!"  I'm ready to play, all the other parts are there, but the main element to get it going is missing.  My idea is the toy, I have an imagination and my determination is the batteries. 

     With all of these together, I can play, create and not have to worry that the batteries are not included!

6 comments:

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

What a great comparison. I love thinking about an idea as a toy. Have fun playing and creating! : )

Maeve Frazier said...

Thanks Cynthia!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

chocolate is my battery ;)

Love the analogy. Our imaginations drive our writing.

Stacy S. Jensen said...

I love new toys ... I mean ideas.
For my son, I often leave the batteries out of toys. It's either brilliant or I'm being lazy. They all make so much noise. He's satisfied to bang around with a wooden spoon.

Maeve Frazier said...

Stacy - you have a great sense of humor!

Maeve Frazier said...

Lynda - I am a big chocolate fan myself. Do you ever find that your imagination takes you off the track? I do. Sometimes, I takes me on a better route than I originally anticipated.