Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Love Writing. - It is like talking and there is no one there to hush you up!

It is a place where I can talk endlessly and people can choose to opt out when they are ready to, but not while I am still talking. I write because I get to tell stories. Here I create what is real, what isn't real, what is going to happen and when it is going to happen. The story and the character’s destiny are mine. I love describing characters and settings. Here I get to unravel the tale. I get to take risks.

Don’t be afraid to take risks, they are there for the taking. Have confidence in your work. Write regularly. Don’t give up. I find that the more I write the more I improve. Practice makes perfect.

Writing is where I am my own boss. I get to show up in whatever I want to and when I want to. We writers have quirks. That is what sets us apart from everyone else. So, whether you are the writer who shows up in their pajamas, a crazy hat or you like to write in odd places. Just show up! Push everything else out of the way! Start talking!

No comments: