Soon I will be ready to critique the manuscript I have been working on. I will be doing this in preparation to showing it to others for their critique. I have some questions I will ask myself (besides the usual grammar issues I have), such as:
1. What draws me into the story?
2. What brings me away from the story?
3. Is there something in particular that throws me off?
4. Is there something I really like about the story?
5. Does the story flow?
6. Does it satisfy me as a reader?
7. Does it fall short?
8. Are my characters strong enough?
9. Are all the elements I want or need there?
10. Do I leave the story satisfied yet, wanting more?
If anyone has any suggestions/comments that would help, I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks, Maeve