Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Books With Cookies And Milk (11)

It All Began With A Bean
It All Began With a Bean: The True Story of the World’s Bigg..., Katie McKy, Paperback
Written by:  Katie McKy
Illustrated by:  Tracy Hill
Published by:  Tanglewood Press, LLC

     What child doesn't think a fart is funny?  Did you know that everyone farts?  Even teachers fart.  Here is a humorous story about the world's biggest fart and how it came about.  Will this be the end of the world?  This story is cute and funny at the same time.  A clever look at one of life's embarrassing moments.

Butterfinger Cookies

Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 large egg
1 cup (about 3) 2 ounce bars, coarsley chopped Butterfinger candy bars.

Directions:

     Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.  Beat sugar and salt in small bowl.  Beat sugar and butter in a larger bowl, until creamy.  Beat in egg, gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in Butterfingers.  Drop by slightly rounded tablespppon onto ungreased baking sheet.

     Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes.  Remove to racks.

Don't Forget The Milk!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

ali cross said...

ROFL, my boys would love that!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

lol, I think I must be seriously immature because I always chuckle at fart jokes. I try not to, but I can't help it. Sounds like a great kids book.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Love the recipe Maeve. I must try that for my grandchildren when they visit!
The book sounds good too!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

I've got to get this book for my nephews. ; ) And thanks for the recipe! YUM!

Maeve Frazier said...

This book is great. Thanks for stopping by. I'll drop by your blogs later today :)