Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Books With Cookies And Milk (33)

Hunter Brown and the Eye of Ends
Hunter Brown and the Eye of Ends

by:  The Miller Brothers

     Hunter Brown and the Eye of Ends is the third book and conclusion in a series. Hunter can’t remember his last trip to Solandria or what happened. He is now returning to Solandria to search for his missing father whom he has not seen in three years. Hunter tries to piece together the pieces of the puzzle of his past. Tonomis, named the Watcher is keeping a close eye on his every move. What began as a simple search for memories quickly leads Hunter into a scary hunt.


     At first, I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy this story. But, after getting into it, I found that it is told at a good steady pace. Hunter is a character that you enjoyed getting to know while reading this story. Hope you enjoy it, too.

Mystery Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:

3 eggs
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon pepper (mystery ingredient)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:

     In a mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add the brown sugar, cloves, cinnamon and pepper. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the egg mixture. Stir in raisins and walnuts.

     Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Don’t Forget The Milk!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

I think I would pick up that book just from the cover alone!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

I am intrigued! Another book to add to the TBR pile!

Maeve Frazier said...

Peggy - I like the cover, too!

Cynthia - My TBR pile is stacked, too. I guess there'd be a problem if we didn't have a pile. :)