Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year! I'm Back!

I have been trying to figure out how to get back on the blogging track after being away for a considerable time.  Sometimes life just gets ahead of you.  As I sat down at my desk today, I had the overwhelming feeling of not knowing where to start.  That’s what happens when you have been away from blogging for so long.  I have been having the feeling of discontent and disconnect so, I am jumping back in. J

Even though I haven't been on my blog, I have been writing and doing some illustrating.  I have finished the pencil illustrations for one of my picture books and have completed six color illustrations.  My next step will be to do the same for another picture book that I have finished writing.  My plan is to bring them to the Spring Conference and hopefully have the opportunity to sit in on a critique.  

I am glad I am back!  What have you been up to? 

   

5 comments:

Lily Whalen said...

Welcome back, Maeve - I've missed you! I hope you'll be posting more regularly from here on, but I do understand how life can get away from you and blogging winds up taking a back seat.

Gee, it's a lot to update you on a year of activity, but highlights were getting published in 2 different Chicken Soup books and visiting Ireland this past summer. My daughter also went off to university.

Visit my blog when you have time and scroll back through some older posts - or just start reading the new ones! :)

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Missed your posts, but it sounds like you have been connected to your work, which is priceless.
I've been writing, revising, and submitting my work. Then, repeating it all over again.
I hope you are able to get a critique. I'll be at a summer retreat for that and maybe at the fall scbwi.

Anne Mackle said...

Welcome back Maeve and thanks for visiting my blog. I've missed you this past year but you seem to have been very busy,hope you get your book published after all the hard work.

Maeve Frazier said...

Stacy & Susan - it is good to be back, or partially back! I will get there, but I am still writing! That is a good thing.

Maeve Frazier said...

Anne - I hope we all get published or published again!