Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Books With Cookies And Milk (18)

B is for Bufflehead

B is for Bufflehead
Photographs and Text by:  Steve Hutchcraft



     This is an ABC Photobook.  Fly through the ABC's with your child.  There are beautiful pictures of all types of birds/ducks, etc., with funfacts to entertain and educate.  Bufflehead is one of the featured ducks in the book, it is also one of the smallest ducks around.  See why the Bufflehead and many others get their name.  A fun to learn and read book.

Sunflower Seed Cookies 
(This cookie is a chewy, nutty, buttery, brown sugarish delight.)

Ingredients:

1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup raw sugar
1 cup of butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups quick oats
1 cup sunflower seeds

Directions:

     Place first 5 ingredients in your mixing bowl. Add next 4 ingredients. Mix. Now add the oats and seeds. Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 12 minutes for a softer chewier cookie, or 15 minutes for a crispier cookie.

p.s. You could easily add chocolate chips or dried fruit, like raisins or cranberries to this recipe.

Don't Forget The Milk!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Emily R. King said...

Good recipe! I like the idea of adding chocolate chips because chocolate makes everything better. I'm adding it to my "must try" list of recipes. Thanks!

Doralynn Kennedy said...

My son is grown now, but I have a nephew who is two and a half, and he loves books. (And cookies). Thanks for the recommendations. (And the recipes.)

I just interviewed Molly Ringle at my blog. She's giving away a signed book if you're interested. There's a choice. The winner will either get The Ghost Downstairs or What Scotland Taught Me.

Maeve Frazier said...

E.R. - hope you enjoy the cookies.

Doralynn - my children are grown, too. I am now enjoying reading books to my grandson. Thanks for stopping by. I will definitely be stopping by your blog!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

These books with cookies posts are so yummy, Maeve! I'm really loving them, even if I haven't tried out the recipes yet. ; )

Maeve Frazier said...

Cynthia - thanks for stopping by - I am enjoying it, too!