Beginning

Welcome to my blog, thank you for stopping by. If this is your first time to my blog, it's nice to meet you. If you've been here before, welcome back.

My writing journey has begun. The road will have some bumps and detours. I only hope that the first hill is not too high, and the journey is long.














Sunday, August 21, 2011

Books With Cookies And Milk (30)

SILLY TILLY
Written by:  Eileen Spinelli
Illustrated by:  David Slonim

     Tilly is a one-of-a-kind silly goose.  She makes the other barnyard animals laugh with her silly antics.  She takes a bath in apple juice.  She tries to ride the famer's cat.  Is Tilly too silly.  The other barnyard animals start to complain.  Silly stops entertaining them with her antics.  Soon the animals realize it has been a long time since they had a good laugh.  They urge Tilly to go back to her old ways.  Eileen Spinelli's story and David Slonim's illustrations are a perfect match!

Barnyard Cookie Recipe

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon almond extract

3/4 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 tablesppons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 3/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup rice krispies

Directions:

     Beat together until fluffy almond extract, shortening, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract and egg.
     In separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda.
     Add flour mixture to other ingredientsand blend well.
     Stir in chocolate morsels and cereal.
     Place rounded tsp of batter on cookie sheet.
     Bake @ 350 degrees 9-11 minutes.


Don't Forget The Milk!
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Well, the No. 15 Rocky Road cookie bars were a smash at picture book critique group today. Thanks for this fun series, plus my "on hold" que at the library keeps growing!

Mimi said...

Hello Maeve, just called in to say thank you for the lovely comment on my blog!
I've just read the sidebar about your Mom, I am so sorry that you lost her before she could hold your baby, but she is looking out for your little one, in ways she couldn't have when she was here.
I like the look of the peppermint cookies, just as well it's 00.36 or I'd be turning on the oven!

Maeve Frazier said...

Stacy - glad they were a hit and thanks for all the comments!

Mimi - glad you stopped by and hope you like the cookies, when you get to make them. Thank you for the kind comments about my Mom. A day doesn't go by when I don't think of her.

Dawn Simon said...

I haven't read SILLY TILLY. It sounds adorable! :)